Sunday, August 28, 2011

Harvest11 week one

Harvest got off to a slow start because the corn was testing wet, around 30. By the end of the week we had loads testing below 20. Yields are all over the place with some better than expected but we have not being on the flooded ground or the light soil ground. I don't know how some is as good as it is with no rain the last 2 months and to much the first 3 months. We will run full speed next week and I expect to get the April planted corn mostly done as we only had 6 planting days in the month of April. I don't know if we will stop and go to the Farm Progress Show but I would like to go to a tweet up.

1 comment:

  1. You should go to the FPS. It's just a hop, skip and jump from you. And you can take one day off. Maybe I'll see ya at a tweet up.

    judi @ farmnwife.com

    ReplyDelete